Last year FOAL received over $900 to benefit the Atascocita Branch Library.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS SUPPORTERS: The first day you can link your Kroger plus Card to your organization is August 1, 2016. All supporters must have a registered Kroger Plus card account online to be able to link their card to an organization.
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377 and select option 4 to get your Plus Card number.
- If you do not have a Kroger plus Card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger. Register online at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- If you are a new online customer, click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box to register.
oTo sign up you will need to enter your zip code, click on favorite store, enter your email address, create a password, and agree to the terms and conditions.
o Once you are done entering your information you will get a message asking you to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail that was sent.
Already have an account? • Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Once you are logged in, click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number. • Update or confirm your information.
- Enter your NPO’s number 80369 or Friends of the Atascocita Library and click on confirm.
• To verify that you enrolled correctly, you will see your organizations name on the right side of your information page. Remember, a customer must swipe their registered Kroger plus Card or use their Alt ID when shopping for each purchase to count. If you have problems signing in or creating an account please call Online Account Customer Service: 1-866-221-4141.
FOAL Members special preview is Friday, August 12, from 5 Pm to 7 PM. Memberships to FOAL can be purchased at the door.
The sale opens to non-members on August 13 during library open hours.
Many items are $1 or less. School is starting again soon! This is a great opportunity to stock up classrooms and kids’ bookshelves.
You are invited to the Friends of the Atascocita Library Annual Meeting, celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Atascocita Library, on Tuesday, May 10, at 4:00PM in the children’s area of the Atascocita Library. There will be a very short business meeting to elect officers and present the 2016-2017 budget for next year. The program will celebrate the beginnings of FOAL and the Atascocita Library.
Refreshments will be served. Everyone is welcome.
Rose Marie Baumann, 87, peacefully passed away at home on March 2, 2016 in Humble, Texas. Born in Perryville, Missouri on November 18th, 1928, Rose helped her family through the Great Depression and later moved to St. Louis. After obtaining her degree in Nursing from the De Paul Hospital School of Nursing, she met and married Herman Lee Baumann. They raised their children while moving throughout the United States. Rose adjusted her career with each move, working in doctors’ offices, hospitals, becoming a school nurse during her children’s school years, and retiring from FMC after traveling the world as an Industrial Safety Nurse.
Upon retirement, Rose and Herman decided to stay in Humble these last 37 years. An avid reader, she was a founding member of the Friends of the Atascocita Library and served as president. Holding offices in the Humble Noon Lions Club, her profound service was recognized countless times, including being named a Jack Wiech Fellow.
Rose found personal joy in her family, friends, gardening, quilting and a special love for reading. The Friends of the Atascocita Library will donate a book in Rose’s memory to the Atascocita Library.
We now have our Book Sale dates for Fall of 2016.
August 12, 5 PM – 7 PM for FOAL members
August 13, 10 AM – 5 PM open to the public
FOAL also maintains several shelves of books for sale ongoing in the lobby and just inside the doors of Atascocita Branch Library. The majority of these items are priced from $.50 to $1.00. Magazines are available for $.25. All proceeds go toward supporting the library and its programs.